Monday, September 7, 2009

A Second Revolution

I have never been interested in politics. I fact I have only voted once in the ten years that I've eligible to vote. I have never given any thought to how the country was run and what was going on. I was too busy being spoiled in the little bubble of thought-up reality that I call life. I studied and have been fascinated by military conflicts and wars, but never on why they happened. I majored in history, but never did I learn about the true history of this country. I learned what was taught to me by teachers and professors that read their material out of books written by those that had the authority to write them. I barely know the Constitution and I was never taught it in school, can you believe that, I majored in this countries history and was never once taught about the Constitution directly? What is wrong with that?! I am an American and I can't even tell you what it means to be an American! I claimed to be patriotic, and yet I didn't know what I believed in, or I thought I did, but that dream of what America is, is just that, a dream. It doesn't exist. The values and morals that I thought my grandfathers fought for, the freedoms that millions have died for are a farce. Don't get me wrong, that dream of what America is and what it means to be American did exist, but like the apostasy that took Christ's church from the earth, the country that was built by our forefathers is gone. It has been trampled under the feet of those that we the American people put into power. It has been sold to the highest bidder, used to get personal gain and prostituted to those that would take advantage of the masses. It has not happened all at once, but the powers that be have forged this destructive path for over a century. Everything that I have been taught about the good of government programs and patriotic leaders in the past has for the most part been lies. Lies that I didn't know were being crammed down my throat until just recently. But I have awakened to the awful situation that our country is drowning in. We have leaders that don't keep their promises to those that elect them, and worse yet, don't care that they lie to us. We have corruption and deceit in every level of the government. Those that know about it either don't care about it, are too afraid to do anything about it, or don't think that they can do anything about it. That in and of itself is a lie. We can do something about it, but it's not going to be easy, and that scares people. We have gotten to the top so fast and stayed for so long that we have become complacent. We don't want to do any work. We have enough to worry about with work, family, and which sports team is going to win the championship. We don't want to worry about whats going on with our country as long as it doesn't directly affect us. We have turned into frogs that have been placed in a pot of cool water only to have the temperature turned up. We are about at the boiling point and we don't even notice the difference. We think we are in a comfortable hot tub while those in charge of running the country are telling us that they are taking care of us and not to worry while they turn the heat up on the stove. Soon we will be dead in the water and wondering what the hell happened to us and this country. By then it will be too late. The country will be in shambles and the freedoms we took for granted are gone. We will be imprisoned by those that have slowly sucked the life out of the rights and privileges we have as Americans and as human beings. It is time to start a Second Revolution. Its time to stand up and get involved with what is going on around us before we can not stand up at all. We need to have those that we put into political office answer to us the citizens, not the foundations, corporations, and special interest groups that line their pockets with dirty money. We need to put this country back on track, the way that the founding fathers wanted it to be. We have the not only the privilege and opportunity to have a voice in politics, but we have the responsibility to get involved! We have to because that is what it means to be an American. We must clean-up Washington and start over because those in power are not working for their employers-the people-they are working for themselves and that is not only wrong and immoral, it is treacherous! We need to have that change that the Fuhrer (Obama) talks about. Only that change needs to be that the politicians listen to the people, and the people getting involved. It is our sacred duty given to us by God, at least that's what the founding fathers thought, and I believe that they were right.
People I want a response from this post. Let me know whether I'm crazy and a zealot, or whether you agree. I don't care which one as long as you respond because that means that you are thinking. Stop being sheep and start being shepards! PS sorry for grammatical errors, its late.

No comments: