Monday, March 30, 2009
Killing Pablo
Since I started working at the place I'm at, I've had the freedom to go to Barnes and Noble on my lunch breaks and read a book. I've read about ten over the past six months. The book that I am reading right now is entitled "Killing Pablo" by Mark Bowmen. I had read "Black Hawk Down" by him and thought that because "Black Hawk Down" was a great book (not to mention movie), that I would try "Killing Pablo." I had heard the name Pablo Escobar, but I didn't know who he was. From the picture on the cover of the book of US military men surrounding a dead body, I knew that it was somehow about the death of Pablo. So here is the reason for this post. I have learned that Pablo Escobar was on Fortune's list of richest men in 1982. He was the seventh richest man in the world at a net worth (of what they knew) of over $5 billion. That's right $5 BILLION! And that was in the 80's! Even more interesting is the way he earned his money, cocaine. He was the largest drug dealer the world has ever known. So as I sit at my job that pays nothing because the economy sucks and nobody will buy anything, I can't help but wonder, maybe I should become a drug dealer. Just kidding, but what the heck! So because my wife and the police won't let me sell drugs I am thinking that now might be the right time to go back to school and receive my teaching certificate. That way I can do the next best thing to becoming a billionaire following in the footsteps of Pablo Escobar, that is becoming a poorly paid husband and father doing a job that I know that I will love. Nothing is in concrete yet, but I think that's the way I seem to be going. The really ironic thing is that I hated school and everything about, I just love to teach and teach history. Weird huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Cool
kjlhkjhkjlhlk
The comment section is now fixed
Post a Comment